So I've been on Pinterest.. A LOT (addicted much) and I keep on seeing these really cool crayon art pieces on canvas. Sooooo I decided to try it out! Note: This was my second try.. the first one didn't look all that great, I think this one was little better.
I decided to make this into a small tutorial to show you how it's done.
- Blank Canvas (any size)
- Crayons (new or old, i used old ones)
- Glue Gun
- Hair Dryer
- Newspaper (the crayons tend to splatter)
1. First, you will need to glue the crayons onto the canvas using your hot glue gun. (I used and 8x10 canvas and used old broken crayons I found because I didn't want them to take over the whole canvas, I would of used nice new ones if I had a bigger canvas though)
2. Now prop your canvas up, set your blow dryer on high, and go for it! (not real sure how to describe this step lol) I angled my blow dryer a little bit to spread the color around more.
3. TADA!!! You now have a pretty cool piece of art that's fairly simple to do :)
I think next time I do this I'll maybe tape the crayons on so when it's done I can take them off :)
I hope you enjoyed my first little tutorial!
Linking this to Made It Myself Mondays